Happy Friday!
I love Fridays because it means that I will get the next two days to spend with my wonderful family! However, its funny because at the same time I almost don't like to see Fridays come because it's the end of my work week and I love my job!! As I mentioned earlier I am an educator, but I am no longer a classroom teacher. I spent the last 7 years teaching at Rhyne Elementary and boy was it a roller coaster!! Some days were so rewarding and I knew this was exactly where I belonged and other days I would just sit and wonder is this really what I want to be doing for the rest of my life. So about 7 months I decided to take my career down a different path and so far I have been so happy with the decision I made.
A good friend of mine came to me at the end of the school year last year and told me that the county was going to hire a group of people to work with Title 1 schools. They would be called Instructional Facilitators. There role would be to work with one or two schools helping with Professional Development (As any educator knows, this year is full of Professional Development with the rolling out of Common Core) and working with teachers on an individual basis as well as team basis. Pretty much anything you could think of in a school, from making copies, to modeling lessons to working with beginning or struggling teachers. So I decided to apply and see what happened. After an intense 3+ hour interview that I literally almost came out of in tears a few weeks later I received a call and was offered the job.
I of course took the job and was so excited, but it was hard to say goodbye to Rhyne. That was my first "real" job and it made me the teacher/educator that I am today. I had to say goodbye to teachers I had worked with for 7 years and kids that I had seen grow up since kindergarten. They had truly become my family. I'll admit I did shed a few tears, (come on, anyone that knows me knows that's not nothing out of the ordinary lol) but I am still working very closely with a lot of the people there and have used them as resources when I need someone with more specific expertise.
For the last five months everyday has been a new adventure and no two days are the same. I am really looking forward to the rest of this school year to see what other adventures I have in store for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment